Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Letter For Mother

For the dearest Mother,

I have a very little ask
Can you stop being busy to find someone for me to love
For me to marry; a partner for the rest of my life.

Because, it's for the rest of my life...
Yes, a partner for the rest of my life
At least, I want someone whom I know, and who knows me better
Someone who has stated he loves me,
Someone who takes me for the way I am, 
Not only wants to marry me
A perfect partner, at least for me
Though he's not the perfect husband
Just because marriage is for me like a journey with a friend,
A best friend, or a best friend going to be...
That's why I need time to know him, and he knows me
To love him, and he loves me
So, it's not about being married after three or four months I met him.
What I worry is not me who's not getting married,
But a rush decision to end everything that come up in the middle of my journey with him.

It's okay, Mom.
That's really okay, for me to wait
Because what I believe there's always a rainbow after the rain
What we need is to wait,
There's always the best for those who wait
Can we just wait, Mom?


No comments: